Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hershey's chocolate brownie recipe

Today for our Wednesday cooking class we made the best - and easy - chocolate brownies...using Hershey's chocolate (of course)...my mom and I agree that Hershey's is the best chocolate you can find!

She keeps the recipe in her "Best Recipes", handwritten, 3-ring binder cookbook that she has all the best recipes from her mom, Poppa's mom, and the ones she has found over the years...this Hershey's brownie recipe came from a can of Hershey's chocolate, so even tho' it is handwritten in the binder, now you can find it online, too...but just so you get the RIGHT recipe, here are the links:

The brownies:  http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/3676/HERSHEY%27S%20Syrup%20Snacking%20Brownies.aspx
(Mom adds a teaspoon of salt to the flour - I think it helps take down the sweetness of the chocolate just a bit...)

The frosting:  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Brownie-Frosting/detail.aspx

Preparation tip:  Make sure you leave a little batter in the bowl for licking!

They are delicious!  Poppa snarfed one right up as soon as he got home from work...

5 comments:

  1. the closed down the Hershey plant in my Home town...sad , but tasty brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your prep tip :) I always make sure I do that!
    We LOVE brownies and anything chocolate, so we will have to try these for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brownies are one of my most favorite things in the whole world!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. All my boys love brownies more than any other dessert. I'm trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popped in to visit after seeing your post on my blog and so glad I did. What an awesome fun bunch of posts. I love the discussions and the fun they bring out. I'll have to share with my daughter. Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete